Saturday, May 14, 2011

Baking Experiment #2 - Cakes!

I decided to help the 2011 Newton Prom by baking a cake for the cake walk. The theme was Jungle Allure so I decided to make a cake I saw on Amanda's blog. I love Amanda's blog, she is very creative when it comes to baking and is kind enough to explain how to decorate. I highly recommend everyone follow her blog!



So here is the finished product. I decided to make my cake all one color and I was very pleased with the results. With more practice the ribbons will look a lot better. Lots of sugar and lots of work but it was soooo worth it!

Newton Prom Cake #2

Michelle also made a cake for the prom, but didn't have time to decorate so I offered to help. This monkey cake made with a specific pan and required instructions for decorating. It was intense but so so cute.



The wilton's instructions were very helpful and made the whole process easier. I only have 4 hours to decorate and would love to try it again when I have more time to spend on it. But for a beginner it turned out pretty good!

No comments: